Vision & Mission
VISION OF THE INSTITUTE
To be an institute of excellence in engineering education and research, producing socially responsible professionals.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To become a department of excellence in the domain of Electrical and Electronics Engineering producing competent engineers with research acumen having moral and social values.
MISSION OF THE INSTITUTE
- Create conducive environment for learning & research
- Establish industry & academia collaborations
- Ensure professional & ethical values in all institutional endeavors
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
1. Enhance industry and alumni interaction
2. Promote continuous upgradation of faculty and technical staff
3. Time to time modernization of departmental infrastructure to provide state of the art laboratories.
4. Create research oriented culture to invoke the desire and ability of lifelong learning in the students for pursuing successful career.
5. Create and sustain environment of learning in which students acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally with due consideration of social and ethical values.
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes:
Electrical and Electronics EngineeringGraduateswillbeable to:
PSO1: Develop models, design, analyse and assess the performance of different types of electrical machines, control systems and generation, transmission, distribution, protection mechanisms in power systems.
PSO2:Demonstrate knowledge and hands-on competence in the application of circuit analysis and design, associated software and applications, analog and digital electronics and microcontrollers to build, test, operate and maintain electrical and electronic systems