Department of Information Science & Engineering
The department was started in the year 2000 and offers B.E. Degree program with an annual intake of 40 students. From 2018 annual intake enhanced to 60. The department has experienced faculty who regularly attend Workshops and Training Programme to keep themselves updated with emerging technologies. It has Computer Centres which provide necessary facilities required as part of the programme. Internet and Wi-Fi facility is available in the department. The In-house department Library has more than 1369 volumes. It also hosts an e-library as an online reference resource.
The department organizes technical lectures and personality development programmes regularly as part of the ISE Association (ISEA). Students regularly participate in technical and cultural competitions both in-house and at other colleges and secure prizes. The students of the department have a good placement record with reputed organizations and alumni of the department pursue their higher studies with in the country as well as abroad.
The department publishes quarterly News Letter "ISEAN" to which students and faculty contribute technical and non-technical articles. The newsletter also has a crossword section oriented towards improving the technical competency of students. The department continues to strive for the disciplined and all-round development of the students.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
The department will be a premier centre focusing on knowledge dissemination and generation to address the emerging needs of information technology in diverse fields.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
· To make students competent to contribute towards the development of IT field.
· Promote learning and practice of latest tools and technologies among students and prepare them for diverse career options
· Collaborate with industry and institutes of higher learning for Research and Development, innovations and continuing education
· Developing capacity of teachers in terms of their teaching and research abilities
· Develop software applications to solve engineering and societal problems
LIST OF PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POS):
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
· Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
· Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
· Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
· Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
· Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
· The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
· Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
· Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
· Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
· Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
· Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
· Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PEO 1: Graduates will be successful professionals in IT industry with good design, coding & testing skills, capable of assimilating new information and solve new problems
PEO 2: Graduates will communicate proficiently and collaborate successfully with peers, colleagues, and organizations
PEO 3: Graduates will be ethical and responsible members of the computing profession and society
PEO 4: Graduates will acquire necessary skills for research, higher studies, entrepreneurship and continued learning to adapt and create new applications
Design efficient algorithms for solving problems
Adopt Software engineering principles and standards for developing efficient information systems to meet organizational / societal needs
|Sl No||Name & Designation||Members|
|1|| Dr. Uma B |
Professor & Head of ISE department, Dean - Academic Affairs
B.E., M.Tech., Ph.D.,
|2|| Dr. Prabhakara H S |
B.E., M.Tech., Ph.D.,
|3|| Dr. Ananda Babu J |
B.E., M.Tech., Ph.D.,
|4|| Mrs. Nanditha B R |
|5|| Mr. Chandrashekhar H S |
|6|| Mrs. Shruthi D V |
|7|| Mrs. Vinutha M R |
|8|| Mrs. Hannabel H Alva |
|9|| Mr. Sudarshan G K |
|Sl No||Name & Designation||Members|
Mr. Manjunath B N |
Mr. Pandukumara G B |
Mrs. Manjula S |
Mr. Anandarama K |
EQUIPMENTS AND LABORATORY FACILITIES
The Department has state of the art networks of computers with different operating systems like Windows 7, Windows 8 and Linux. Latest versions of the necessary software's like different compilers, Database Management Systems like Oracle, Java, Visual Basic, etc., are available. The LANs are connected to the Optical Fibre backbone of the Campus Wide Network. Internet facility with 200 Mbpsdata rate is available.
COMPUTER CENTRE - 1
The laboratory has a network of 1 server and 28 Nodes.
The Zenith Server has Xeon Processor with INTEL EM 64T @ 3.6Ghz, 2*512MB DDR 2 RAM and 200GB HOT SWAP SATA HDD, 28 nodes
COMPUTER CENTRE - 2
This Laboratory has a network of 1 Server and 24 Nodes.
The Linux Server and 10 nodes14 nodes
2017-18 Placement details
|4MC14IS004||AISHWARYA NAG B.N.||THEOREM|
|4MC13IS031||SHUBASHREE G L||DXC TECHNOLOGIES|
|4MC14IS001||ABHIJNA B. N||Aricent|
|4MC14IS002||ABHINAVA S KATTEMANE||ALL STATES|
|4MC14IS005||AKSHAY BHARADWAJ K S||WIPRO|
|4MC14IS008||ANUSHA C M||M.S (CS&E)|
|4MC14IS011||HEMANTH N L||WIPRO|
|4MC14IS014||KAVYA A N||TCS|
|4MC14IS016||MANOJ BHATT A N||T C S|
|4MC14IS018||NAGANANDA B P||SIEMO sol, TCS|
|4MC14IS019||NANDITA BHAT||TCS, TATA ELXSI|
|4MC14IS020||OOMKAAR N L||COGNIZANT|
|4MC14IS028||SAMARTH GANAPATHI BHATT||T C S|
|4MC14IS032||SHARADHI T P||SAP|
|4MC14IS035||SHIVARAJU A||TROY HARIS|
|4MC14IS036||SMITHA M G||ARICENT/SEMIO|
|4MC14IS038||SWATHI H.C||I B M|
|4MC14IS039||VIJAY NAG B S||ARICENT, TATA ELXSI|
|4MC15IS406||THEJASWINI C||CGI TECH SOLUTIONS|
|4MC15IS407||VARUN RAO SINDHE||INFANION|
2018-19 Placement details
|4MC15IS026||SHARANYA K G||EVRY India Pvt.Ltd, Brillio, TATA ELXSI|
|4MC15IS034||SUSHMITHA H S||EVRY India Pvt.Ltd, Siemens Healthcare Pvt.Ltd|
|4MC15IS028||SHARATH KUMAR C H||EVRY India Pvt.Ltd, TATA ELXSI, Brillio|
|4MC15IS023||RACHAN C||TCS, EVRY India Pvt.Ltd, Lowes India|
|4MC13IS016||KARTHIK M S||EVRY India Pvt.Ltd, ARICENT|
|4MC15IS007||HITHA S||Siemens Healthcare Pvt.Ltd|
|4MC15IS010||K N KAVYA SHREE||TATA ELXSI, Brillio|
|4MC15IS002||ANUSHA S R||ARICENT|
|4MC15IS020||PAVAN C S||ARICENT|
|4MC15IS019||P BELLI||ARICENT, Brillio|
|4MC15IS030||SINCHANA C S||ARICENT, TEKsystems Global Services|
|4MC15IS038||SHUBHA Y G||ARICENT|
|4MC15IS401||SHAMANTHA B K||TCS|
|4MC15IS027||SHARATH K J||Workfusion, SHRIRAM TRANSPORT FINANCE LTD|
|4MC15IS032||SUSHMA H S||Noesys Software Pvt Ltd|
1. Suhas Bharadwaj participated in the "Fresh Voice of Karnataka" singing competition conducted by PUBLIC TV and bagged best male voice during 2012
2. Samani Namratha Sadhananda participated in HIGH JUMP which was held at VTU level and bagged first place during 2012, 2013 and 2014.
3. Lakshmi B K and Darshan M qualified for GATE Examination 2015.
4. Shradha K N proficient in illustrations and interaction desigh spoke about conglomeration of technology and art of TEDxIISC on November 2015 and TEDxBMSCE.
5. Yashwanth Kumar had represented the college in VTU festival Kho Kho sport and own the first place during 2015-16.
6. Vibhashree M S partcipated and secured second prize in singing competition in "SENTIA" fest held at MITE, Moodbidri, DK.
9964911267-Head of the Department