Vision of the Department:
To emerge as department of high repute in Mechanical Engineering and allied fields through effective teaching, learning process and research activities, operating with a sense of professional and social responsibility.
Mission of the Department:
- Adopt state of the art teaching learning processes.
- Effective association with higher institutes of learning, industry and research laboratories with emphasis on Materials & Manufacturing.
- Encourage students to participate in sustainable projects.
- Development activities for faculty/students for research in emerging trends in Materials & Manufacturing.
- Inculcate professional and ethical norms in all activities.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES [POs]:
Mechanical Engineering students shall be able to,
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES [PSOs]
Graduating student shall be able to:
- Prepare process sheets and working drawings to manufacture a component.
- Model, simulate, analyze and optimize mechanical systems / processes through application of software.
Program Educational Objectives:
PEO 1: Graduates will be able to apply engineering principles to develop products, processes or knowledge to solve mechanical and associated engineering problems for successful careers in mechanical engineering/higher education/research.
PEO 2: Graduates will acquire leadership qualities with strong communication skills along with professional and ethical values.
PEO 3: Graduates will be able to become entrepreneur / innovators to design and develop manufacturing systems and services to address social, technical and business challenges.
PEO 4: Graduates will be lifelong learners.